By Amy Sterling Casil
Mint-addicted extraterrestrial beings. speaking horses. Little ladies in wheelchairs who get the opportunity to pilot starships. abnormal little jade carvers who keep the final nice Mayan urban via magic. an attractive wolf lady who saves a teddy undergo boy and her clown boyfriend's middle. A well-known director who cloned herself and now could be loss of life of melanoma, simply she's raised her clone like an ordinary baby. men on the finish of the area who notice they're no longer the world's maximum poet, they're approximately as undesirable because it gets.
Fourteen tales via award-winning technology fiction and myth author Amy Sterling Casil.
Read or Download Female Science Fiction Writer: Collected Stories 2001-2012 PDF
Similar anthology books
Retail ePub from the Megapack price range publication sequence of themed collections
The overdue Reginald Bretnor (1911-1992) was once by no means a prolific author -- he wrote just a handful of books and approximately a hundred brief tales (and greater than one hundred twenty short-short "Feghoots" less than his Grendel Briarton pseudonym) -- over a 45-year writing occupation. as well as wars, weaponry, and technology fiction, Bretnor's wide pursuits incorporated cats. (And puns. Did we point out the terrible puns? ) those topics are all touched on during this assortment. A sly humorousness permeates Bretnor’s fiction, and as we paintings to digitize his entire physique of labor and current it to readers in a sequence of Reginald Bretnor Megapacks, we all know you’ll have a good time examining it all.
Included during this quantity are:
GNURRS COME FROM THE VOODVORK OUT
MAYBE somewhat ONE
THE guy ON TOP
THE BEASTS THAT PERISH
WITHOUT (GENERAL) ISSUE
MRS. PIGAFETTA SWIMS WELL
THE MURDERERS' CIRCLE
FUNGO THE UNRIGHTEOUS
ALL THE TEA IN CHINA
THROUGH TIME AND house WITH FERDINAND FEGHOOT (5)
THROUGH TIME AND house WITH FERDINAND FEGHOOT (9)
THROUGH TIME AND house WITH FERDINAND FEGHOOT (11)
THROUGH TIME AND area WITH FERDINAND FEGHOOT (13)
THROUGH TIME AND area WITH FERDINAND FEGHOOT (77)
THROUGH TIME AND area WITH FERDINAND FEGHOOT (95)
THROUGH TIME AND house WITH FERDINAND FEGHOOT (101)
THROUGH TIME AND house WITH FERDINAND FEGHOOT (108)
THROUGH TIME AND area WITH FERDINAND FEGHOOT (EPSILON)
And don't omit to look this e-book shop for "Wildside Megapack" to determine all of the entries within the Megapack sequence -- together with volumes of technological know-how fiction, fable, horror, secret, westerns, and masses, even more!
Unbowed, Unbroken, Unrelenting - An Antihero Anthology 16 stories of fable, horror, suspense, and drama, with a few fairly unconventional heroes. realize the reality on the finish of the area, break out from labs buried deep in the earth, and not cease working from the creatures hiding within the shadows.
The Golden Age of technology Fiction Megapacks are designed to introduce readers to vintage technology fiction writers who could rather be forgotten.
Carl Richard Jacobi (1908-1997) is one such unjustly forgotten author.
About the Megapacks
Over the previous few years, our “Megapack” sequence of book anthologies has proved to be one among our hottest endeavors. (Maybe it is helping that we occasionally supply them as rates to our mailing record! ) One query we preserve getting requested is, “Who’s the editor? ”
The Megapacks (except the place in particular credited) are a gaggle attempt. every body at Wildside works on them. This contains John Betancourt, Mary Wickizer Burgess, Sam Cooper, Carla Coupe, Steve Coupe, Bonner Menking, Colin Azariah-Kribbs, Robert Reginald. A. E. Warren, and lots of of Wildside’s authors… who frequently recommend tales to incorporate (and not only their very own! )
• “Canal” initially seemed in Startling tales, Spring 1944
• “Exit Mr. Smith” initially seemed in Disclosures in Scarlet, 1966
• “Gentlemen, the Scavengers” initially seemed in exciting ask yourself tales, April 1948
• “Kincaid’s Car” initially seemed in Over the sting, 1964
• “Lodana” initially seemed in Startling tales, September 1947
• “Sequence” initially seemed in Disclosures in Scarlet, 1966
• “Strangers to Straba” initially seemed in magnificent Universe, October 1954
• “Test Case” initially seemed in nighttime sunlight, Summer-Fall 1975
• “The Gentleman Is an Epwa” initially seemed in Worlds of the next day: Science-Fiction With a distinction, 1953
• “The participant at Yellow Silence” initially seemed in Galaxy journal, June 1970
• “The conflict of the Weeds” initially seemed in exciting ask yourself tales, February 1939
• “The White Pinnacle” initially seemed in Time to return: Science-Fiction tales of day after today, 1954
• “The global in a Box” initially seemed in exciting ask yourself tales, February 1937
• “Writing at the Wall” initially seemed in Startling tales, Fall 1944
• “Round Robin” initially seemed in Disclosures in Scarlet, 1966
• “Cosmic Teletype” initially seemed in exciting ask yourself tales, October 1938
• “The lengthy Voyage” initially seemed in impressive Universe, September 1955
• “The highway That Wasn’t There” initially seemed in Comet tales, July 1941
• “The Historian” initially seemed in Startling tales, may perhaps 1950
From the swarming, last-redoubt towers of the polar areas, the place humanity huddles from the savage warmth of Greenhouse Earth, to the dusty refugee camps of a shattered the USA; from the digital fact panorama the place youngsters search to fix a wounded planet, to the post-human globe populated by means of wily transgenic heirs to mankind; and, finally, around the ideology-splintered ruins of the U.
- Future Games
- The Jupiter War (The War Years, Book 3)
- Unicorn Variations
- An Anthology of Belgian Symbolist Poets (Belgian Francophone Library, V. 15)
Additional resources for Female Science Fiction Writer: Collected Stories 2001-2012
Golden Age. The dark comic genius of Billy Wilder Hollywood in Transition (1948-1962) (1906-2001) peaked during this era in Sunset Boulevard (1950), with its masterly written script (by Wilder and Fall of the Studio System In 1948 the Supreme Charles Brackett), and in The Seven Year Itch (1955) andSome Court ruled thatcertain business practices favorable to the Like ItHot (1959), two sex farces starring Marilyn Monroe. eight major studios, including vertical control and block booking, violated American antitrust laws.
Content. Most directors experienced minimal interfer Acorporate mentality, inwhich films are dubbed "prod ence from the studios when making their films. They ucts" and series of films are called "franchises," pervades approved themixing ofthesoundtracks, inserted all opti contemporary Hollywood. Unlike themovie moguls ofthe cal effects, determined thatall necessary shotsandscenes Golden Age, who had experienced firsthand the many hadbeen included, andapproved thefinal soundmix. facets of the movie business, contemporary studio execu The era of the Film School Generation came to an end tives are recruited from talent agencies, the television because thebusiness sideof Hollywood could notendure industry, or business and marketing programs.
Choreographer/dancers were Twyla Tharp (b. 1941), Humphrey, with her dance partner Charles Weidman, Yvonne Rainer (b. 1934), Meredith Monk (b. 1939). ("Life ofaBee") to thedangers of fascism ("With My Red Beginning in the mid-yo's, ballet and modern dance Fires"). began moving closer together. George Balanchine shared Humphrey's legacy was continued after World War II many of the same concerns as the modern choreogra byher student Jose Limon (1908-72),while Graham con phers, and thedivisions that seemed to exist between the tinued to actively perform and choreograph through the two techniques began tofade.