By Ann Kovalchick, Kara Dawson
This two-volume encyclopedia provides over 2 hundred entries that spotlight the ways that academic and conversation practices form our makes use of of technology.
• Covers modern themes akin to web-based guideline and ebooks
• comprises monitor pictures of interfaces and websites, and contains photo diagrams of educational types, community schemes, and cognitive processes
• encompasses a thesaurus of phrases that outline particular applied sciences pointed out in entries
• presents cross-referenced entries and authoritative citations
Read Online or Download Education and Technology [2 volumes]: An Encyclopedia PDF
Similar historical study & educational resources books
Jane Adams specializes in the transformation of rural existence in Union County, Illinois, as she explores the ways that American farming has been skilled and understood within the 20th century. Reconstructing the histories of 7 farms, she areas the main points of lifestyle in the context of political and fiscal swap.
Ebook via Goodman, James Marion
Whereas the belief of human rights and humanitarian tips has historical roots―evidence will be obvious in such examples because the Ten Commandments, the Bhagavad Gita, and the lessons of Confucius and Socrates―it wasn't until eventually the 1800s that the 1st glossy humanitarian and human rights firms got here to be.
During the last 20 years the magazine of old Sociology has redefined what historic sociology may be. those essays through across the world amazing historians, sociologists, anthropologists and geographers assemble the superior of the JHS. quantity 1 makes a speciality of the British kingdom, quantity 2 at the journal’s wider interdisciplinary demanding situations.
- World History: 50 Things You Really Need to Know (50 Ideas You Really Need to Know Series)
- The A to Z of the European Union (The A to Z Guide Series)
- Geography and Vision: Seeing, Imagining and Representing the World (International Library of Human Geography)
- The A to Z of the Kennedy-Johnson Era (The A to Z Guide Series)
- European Witch Trials: Their Foundations in Popular and Learned Culture, 1300-1500
Additional info for Education and Technology [2 volumes]: An Encyclopedia
The ASTD Training and Development Handbook, 4th ed. (pp. 266–293). New York: McGraw-Hill. Rossett, Allison. 1987. Training Needs Assessment. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Educational Technology Publications. Thiagarajan, Sivasailam. 1976. ” NSPI Journal (November): 10–11. Adult Learners Adult learners are people over the age of eighteen in an instructional situation, whether formal or informal. Lifelong learning is now a common expectation of society, but in the field of educational technology most adult learners undertake their studies in employee education and training programs.
Educational Technology (August). Whitehead, Alfred N. 1929. The Aims of Education. New York: MacMillan. ADDIE Model The ADDIE model describes a systematic approach to instructional development. The term is virtually synonymous with instructional systems development (ISD) and evolved informally through oral tradition. It is not a specific, fully elaborated model in its own right but rather an umbrella term that represents a family of models that share a common underlying structure. The acronym ADDIE refers to the major processes that comprise the generic ISD process: Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, and Evaluation.
6. Authentic assessment of the environment and of student learning is required in REALs. Teacher observation, student interviews, focus groups, product analysis, portfolios, journals, and peer evaluations are among the techniques that could be used during authentic assessment. Instructional Strategies Associated with Active Learning Numerous instructional strategies may be considered when implementing the principles of active learning, including: anchored instruction, collaborative learning, problem-based learning, cognitive apprenticeships, and case-based instruction.