Charlaine Harris and Rachel Caine input a shadowy global of demons and angels in "Dark Witness" whereas Sarah Rees Brennan, Cassandra Clare, and Holly Black examine 3 bizarre sisters who face demanding situations past magic in "Sisters earlier than Misters." Sarah MacLean and Carrie Ryan discover the beautiful ache of everlasting love in "She, Doomed Girl," and "Welded" by means of Tom Piccirilli and T. M. Wright bargains an unsettling imaginative and prescient of an evil that infects and destroys lives. blending the ordinary--parents, youngsters, lovers--with the extraordinary--angels, demons, serial killers--these desirable and brilliant stories delve deep into the shadowy, unexplored nation-states of the mind's eye.
Read or Download Dark Duets PDF
Best anthology books
Retail ePub from the Megapack funds e-book sequence of themed collections
The overdue Reginald Bretnor (1911-1992) was once by no means a prolific author -- he wrote just a handful of books and approximately a hundred brief tales (and greater than a hundred and twenty short-short "Feghoots" below his Grendel Briarton pseudonym) -- over a 45-year writing occupation. as well as wars, weaponry, and technology fiction, Bretnor's extensive pursuits integrated cats. (And puns. Did we point out the terrible puns? ) those matters are all touched on during this assortment. A sly humorousness permeates Bretnor’s fiction, and as we paintings to digitize his entire physique of labor and current it to readers in a chain of Reginald Bretnor Megapacks, we all know you’ll rejoice interpreting it all.
Included during this quantity are:
GNURRS COME FROM THE VOODVORK OUT
MAYBE a little bit ONE
THE guy ON TOP
THE BEASTS THAT PERISH
WITHOUT (GENERAL) ISSUE
MRS. PIGAFETTA SWIMS WELL
THE MURDERERS' CIRCLE
FUNGO THE UNRIGHTEOUS
ALL THE TEA IN CHINA
THROUGH TIME AND house WITH FERDINAND FEGHOOT (5)
THROUGH TIME AND house WITH FERDINAND FEGHOOT (9)
THROUGH TIME AND area WITH FERDINAND FEGHOOT (11)
THROUGH TIME AND area WITH FERDINAND FEGHOOT (13)
THROUGH TIME AND house WITH FERDINAND FEGHOOT (77)
THROUGH TIME AND area WITH FERDINAND FEGHOOT (95)
THROUGH TIME AND house WITH FERDINAND FEGHOOT (101)
THROUGH TIME AND house WITH FERDINAND FEGHOOT (108)
THROUGH TIME AND area WITH FERDINAND FEGHOOT (EPSILON)
And don't put out of your mind to go looking this e-book shop for "Wildside Megapack" to work out the entire entries within the Megapack sequence -- together with volumes of technology fiction, delusion, horror, secret, westerns, and masses, even more!
Unbowed, Unbroken, Unrelenting - An Antihero Anthology 16 stories of delusion, horror, suspense, and drama, with a few quite unconventional heroes. become aware of the reality on the finish of the area, break out from labs buried deep in the earth, and not cease working from the creatures hiding within the shadows.
The Golden Age of technological know-how Fiction Megapacks are designed to introduce readers to vintage technological know-how fiction writers who may well rather be forgotten.
Carl Richard Jacobi (1908-1997) is one such unjustly forgotten author.
About the Megapacks
Over the previous couple of years, our “Megapack” sequence of e-book anthologies has proved to be considered one of our most well-liked endeavors. (Maybe it is helping that we occasionally provide them as charges to our mailing record! ) One query we retain getting requested is, “Who’s the editor? ”
The Megapacks (except the place in particular credited) are a gaggle attempt. everybody at Wildside works on them. This comprises John Betancourt, Mary Wickizer Burgess, Sam Cooper, Carla Coupe, Steve Coupe, Bonner Menking, Colin Azariah-Kribbs, Robert Reginald. A. E. Warren, and lots of of Wildside’s authors… who usually recommend tales to incorporate (and not only their very own! )
• “Canal” initially seemed in Startling tales, Spring 1944
• “Exit Mr. Smith” initially seemed in Disclosures in Scarlet, 1966
• “Gentlemen, the Scavengers” initially seemed in exciting ask yourself tales, April 1948
• “Kincaid’s Car” initially seemed in Over the sting, 1964
• “Lodana” initially seemed in Startling tales, September 1947
• “Sequence” initially seemed in Disclosures in Scarlet, 1966
• “Strangers to Straba” initially seemed in significant Universe, October 1954
• “Test Case” initially seemed in dead night sunlight, Summer-Fall 1975
• “The Gentleman Is an Epwa” initially seemed in Worlds of the following day: Science-Fiction With a distinction, 1953
• “The participant at Yellow Silence” initially seemed in Galaxy journal, June 1970
• “The struggle of the Weeds” initially seemed in exciting ask yourself tales, February 1939
• “The White Pinnacle” initially seemed in Time to return: Science-Fiction tales of the next day, 1954
• “The global in a Box” initially seemed in exciting ask yourself tales, February 1937
• “Writing at the Wall” initially seemed in Startling tales, Fall 1944
• “Round Robin” initially seemed in Disclosures in Scarlet, 1966
• “Cosmic Teletype” initially seemed in exciting ask yourself tales, October 1938
• “The lengthy Voyage” initially seemed in extraordinary Universe, September 1955
• “The road That Wasn’t There” initially seemed in Comet tales, July 1941
• “The Historian” initially seemed in Startling tales, may well 1950
From the swarming, last-redoubt towers of the polar areas, the place humanity huddles from the savage warmth of Greenhouse Earth, to the dusty refugee camps of a shattered the USA; from the digital fact panorama the place youngsters search to fix a wounded planet, to the post-human globe populated via wily transgenic heirs to mankind; and, finally, around the ideology-splintered ruins of the U.
- Experimental O'Neill: The Hairy Ape, The Emperor Jones, and The S.S. Glencairn One-Act Plays
- The Mammoth Book of Best New SF 22
- Rock On: The Greatest Hits of Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Miss Marple: The Complete Short Stories
Extra resources for Dark Duets
The state of European and American philosophy, as he observed it, strengthened his historical pessimism. Philoso phers, behaving like the fox who pronounced the grapes sour because they were too high, were engaged in explaining away metaphysics as a semantic misunderstanding. Wasn't this a sign foreboding the end of the search for "unattainable absolute truth"? " The fable of the fox applied not only to the neo-positivists. Wit kiewicz raged against Bergson: "intuition" was indeed a meager substitute for striving toward clear cognition.
He fought as an infantry officer in an elite tsarist regiment, was 32 Stanisiaw Ignacy W itkiew icz: A W riter fo r Today? 33 decorated for bravery with the highest Russian distinction (the order of St. Anne) and probably was loved by his soldiers, for at the outbreak of the Revolution they elected him a commissar. We know little, however, of this or of any other wartime inci dents. He did not like to talk about them except for a casual re mark in a conversation with a friend, for example that counting the minutes before an attack is one of the most dire experiences in the life of man.
In Pansopheus's manuscript the twentieth century belongs to Asia. Japan not only takes over technology from Europe but also the ideas known as Pan-Slavism and Pan-Germanism, elaborating its own idea of Pan-Mongolism. Thus armed it undertakes the conquest of China and establishes a Japanese dynasty there, effectively convincing the Chinese that they should modernize themselves and, together with the Japanese, turn against the white race. The Chinese army and navy, trained by Japanese instructors, quickly makes use of the huge human reserves of Manchuria, China, Mongolia, and Tibet.