By Dai-heng Chen
Thin-walled buildings can be utilized to soak up influence power in the course of a car collision. Crush Mechanics of Thin-Walled Tubes describes the research and layout of those light-weight parts and punctiliously explains the deformation behaviors of thin-walled hole contributors below crushing loading. The booklet covers, intimately, thin-walled structures―under axial compression, bending, and torsion. It presents an entire knowing of the underlying techniques and mechanisms of power absorption elements, contains research recommendations, and covers current theoretical techniques in addition to the author’s research.
Geared towards engineering scholars, working towards mechanical and structural engineers, and researchers drawn to studying power absorption and designing buildings which could endure affects, this book:
- Addresses axial compression of round and sq. tubes, and bending and torsion of tubes
- Summarizes the mechanism of cave in and linked calculations for the preliminary top strength and the common compressive force
- Explores components controlling the axial cave in of a plate
- Investigates systematically the deformation features of corrugated tubes lower than axial crush
- Provides an realizing of the cave in habit of individuals present process bending deformation while attempting to evaluation energy and energy-absorption characteristics
- Looks on the bending deformation of round and sq. tubes
- Explains the attribute knocking down phenomenon, the utmost second in bending deformation, and the moment-rotation relation in the course of bending collapse
- Discusses the cave in habit of thin-walled buildings with an open move part in the course of axial crushing and bending deformation
- Includes the proposition of a brand new approach for comparing the utmost bending second of sq. tubes with attention of sidewall buckling
- Proposes a brand new procedure that may be used to figure out the relation among the bending second M and the rotation perspective θ
- Presents research tools for predicting the utmost torsion second in every one case
A shelf-worthy reference showcasing structural mechanics, Crush Mechanics of Thin-Walled Tubes presents a uncomplicated figuring out of the basic innovations and mechanisms of crushing deformations in thin-walled buildings and serves as a consultant for either instructing and self-study.
Read Online or Download Crush Mechanics of Thin-Walled Tubes PDF
Best mechanical engineering books
Dieses Lehr- und Handbuch behandelt sowohl die elementaren Konzepte als auch die fortgeschrittenen und zukunftsweisenden linearen und nichtlinearen FE-Methoden in Statik, Dynamik, Festkörper- und Fluidmechanik. Es wird sowohl der physikalische als auch der mathematische Hintergrund der Prozeduren ausführlich und verständlich beschrieben.
Technology/Engineering/Mechanical is helping you progress from concept to optimizing engineering structures in virtually any Now in its Fourth variation, Professor Singiresu Rao's acclaimed textual content Engineering Optimization allows readers to speedy grasp and observe all of the vital optimization equipment in use this present day throughout a extensive variety of industries.
Nachdem im Jahre 1967 der gemeinsam mit o. Mahrenholtz verfaßte 1. Band einer "Plastomechanik der Umformung metallischer Werkstoffe" erschienen struggle, führte der berufliche Werdegang beide Autoren an verschiedene Orte. Ich selbst zog im Anschluß an meine hannoversche Tätigkeit von Braunschweig über Karlsruhe nach München um.
The original homes of rubber make it excellent to be used in a large choice of engineering functions corresponding to tyres, engine mounts, surprise absorbers, versatile joints and seals. constructing diversified elastomeric parts for varied buildings contains numerical simulations in their functionality, that are according to trustworthy constitutive types of the fabric being simulated.
- Engineering Vibration: (4th Edition)
- The Elements of Mechanical Design
- Electric Drives
- Nonlinear Mechanics of Soft Fibrous Materials (CISM International Centre for Mechanical Sciences)
Extra info for Crush Mechanics of Thin-Walled Tubes
Here, s is the distance from the hinge point A or C. This changes Eq. 56) and then Eq. 58) ∂(Pave /Mp ) = 0. Abramowicz and Jones  derived the solution ∂λ of Eq. 256 into the right side of Eq. 58) because the root of Eq. 256. As shown by Abramowicz and Jones , Eq. 59) gives good agreement with the exact predictions from Eq. 58) for a wide range of R/t values. Further, by substituting Eq. 59) into Eq. 60) is obtained. (b) Abramowicz and Jones  further included, in their model analysis, the decrease of effective crushing distance that was dependent on the wrinkle thickness.
Fig. 19 shows the relationship between the normalized axial compressive stress P/(2πRtE) and displacement Ux /L for three cases of a tube problem having different elastic modulus E, tube density ρ and the impact velocity V0 . In the figure, parameter c represents the elastic wave speed for a one-dimensional rod, and can be shown as E/ρ. Here, all models have different values of E, ρ and V0 , but keep the same ratio V0 /c. It is evident that all models show the same response of the axial compressive stress P/(2πRtE) and Ux /L diagram.
2 shows the variation of the buckling stress σbuc and the equivalent strain rate ε˙ buc for some cases of impact velocity V0 . 1 Five kinds of materials used in the following investigation. Comb. Comb. Comb. Comb. Comb. 585 7860 206 40 5 7860 206 0 1 2 3 4 3 Comb. 4 Comb. 3 2 d σs / σs Comb. 2 Comb. 1 1 Comb. 1. 2 d Comparison of the buckling stress σbuc between strain rate sensitive and insensitive materials for various impact velocities V0 . V0 (km) 40 60 100 140 Comb. 8 Comb. 5 Axial compression of circular tubes 29 P / (2πRt ) (MPa) 200 Comb.