By Rastislav Lukac
Computational images refers largely to imaging recommendations that improve or expand the functions of electronic images. This new and quickly constructing study box has advanced from desktop imaginative and prescient, photo processing, special effects and utilized optics―and a variety of advertisement items capitalizing on its rules have already seemed in varied industry functions, end result of the sluggish migration of computational algorithms from desktops to imaging units and software.
Computational images: tools and Applications presents a powerful, basic figuring out of thought and strategies, and a starting place upon which to construct recommendations for lots of of trendy finest and hard computational imaging difficulties. Elucidating state of the art advances and functions in electronic imaging, digicam snapshot processing, and computational images, with a spotlight on comparable examine demanding situations, this book:
- Describes unmarried trap picture fusion expertise for buyer electronic cameras
- Discusses the stairs in a digital camera photo processing pipeline, resembling visible facts compression, colour correction and enhancement, denoising, demosaicking, super-resolution reconstruction, deblurring, and excessive dynamic variety imaging
- Covers shadow detection for surveillance functions, camera-driven record rectification, bilateral filtering and its purposes, and painterly rendering of electronic images
- Presents machine-learning tools for computerized photo colorization and electronic face beautification
- Explores gentle box acquisition and processing, space-time gentle box rendering, and dynamic view synthesis with an array of cameras
Because of the pressing demanding situations linked to rising digicam functions, photo processing tools for computational images are of paramount significance to investigate and improvement within the imaging neighborhood. offering the paintings of prime specialists, and edited by means of a well known authority in electronic colour imaging and digital camera photo processing, this publication considers the speedy advancements during this sector and addresses very specific study and alertness difficulties. it really is perfect as a stand-alone expert reference for layout and implementation of electronic photo and video processing initiatives, and it will possibly even be used to help graduate classes in laptop imaginative and prescient, electronic imaging, visible info processing, and special effects, between others.
Read or Download Computational Photography: Methods and Applications (Digital Imaging and Computer Vision) PDF
Best imaging systems books
Panoramic imaging is a revolutionary software and learn sector. This know-how has purposes in electronic images, robotics, movie productions for panoramic monitors, structure, environmental stories, distant sensing and GIS expertise. functions call for diverse degrees of accuracy for 3D documentation or visualizations.
DescriptionThis publication offers a close evaluation of the evolution of undersea communications structures, with emphasis at the most modern breakthroughs of optical submarine cable applied sciences established upon Wavelength department Multiplexing, optical amplification, new-generation optical fibers, and high-speed electronic electronics.
Education structuring parts in morphological networks / Stephen S. Wilson -- effective layout innovations for the optimum binary electronic morphological clear out: chances, constraints, and structuring-element libraries / Edward R. Dougherty and Robert P. Loce -- Statistical homes of discrete morphological filters / Jaakko Astola, Lasse Koskinen, and Yrjö Neuvo -- Morphological research of pavement floor situation / Chakravarthy Bhagvati, Dimitri A.
- Supervised and Unsupervised Pattern Recognition: Feature Extraction and Computational Intelligence (Industrial Electronics)
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging: Methods and Biologic Applications (Methods in Molecular Medicine)
- Analysis of Variance in Statistical Image Processing
- Tensor Voting: A Perceptual Organization Approach to Computer Vision and Machine Learning (Synthesis Lectures on Image, Video & Multimedia Processing)
- Optical Communication Receiver Design (SPIE Tutorial Texts in Optical Engineering Vol. TT22)
- The Structure and Properties of Color Spaces and the Representation of Color Images (Synthesis Lectures on Image, Video, and Multimedia Processing)
Additional info for Computational Photography: Methods and Applications (Digital Imaging and Computer Vision)
2 Adaptive Interpolation Adaptive demosaicking algorithms that respond to local edge activity are well-known in the literature , , , . When the green pixel value in the Bayer pattern is being interpolated at a red or blue pixel location, there are several choices of pixel neighborhoods that can be used to account for local edges. 16 shows a typical neighborhood. Interpolation can occur either horizontally or vertically. 20) u+v u+v where U and V are the horizontal and vertical predictors to be derived below.
To finish the comparison, the matrix SC is defined as MSB MT . The values on the diagonal of SC indicate the relative noise levels in color corrected images. 4. 2, the Tr(SB ) and σL,B are smaller for CMY and for RPB than for RGB, reflecting the sensitivity advantage of the broader spectral sensitivities. However, Tr(SC ) and σL,C are greater for RPB and CMY than for RGB, reflecting the noise amplification from the color correction matrix. In summary, while optimal selection of spectral sensitivity is important for limiting noise, a well-selected relatively narrow set of RGB spectral sensitivies is close to optimum, as found in References  and .
Cubic interpolation is used. 21b (cubic in both directions). As a result, the linear interpolation method appears to have marginally lower error overall than the cubic interpolation method, as least along the vertical axis. Color difference interpolation is done in the standard nonadaptive manner. 19d, the green color difference interpolation can be cast as a convolution with the following kernel: 121 1 2 4 2. 1 with M = 2, N = 2 and x0 = 0, y0 = 0 the corresponding frequency response can be written as follows ∞ FD = ∞ ∑ ∑ Amn (ξ , η ) FD ξ − m=−∞ n=−∞ m n ,η − , 2 2 1 [1 + cos (2πξ )] [1 + cos (2πη )] .