By Val S. Lobanoff, Robert R. Ross
Centrifugal Pumps: layout and alertness contains topics reminiscent of nonmetallic pump functions, mechanical seals, vibration and noise in centrifugal pumps, rotor dynamics, and the data essential to expand pump existence in the course of deploy and operation.
This quantity contains 21 chapters, with an introductory bankruptcy discussing approach research for pump choice. the subsequent chapters then move directly to talk about particular pace and modeling legislation; impeller layout; normal pump layout; volute layout; layout of multi-stage casing; double-suction pumps and side-suction layout; NPSH; vertical pumps; pipeline pumps; high-speed pumps; double-case pumps; slurry pumps; hydraulic energy restoration generators; chemical pumps; shaft layout and axial thrust; mechanical seals; vibration and noise in pumps; alignment; rolling aspect bearings and lubrication; and mechanical seal reliability.
This ebook can be of curiosity to practitioners within the fields of mechanical engineering and equipment administration.
Read or Download Centrifugal Pumps: Design and Application, Second Edition PDF
Best mechanical engineering books
Dieses Lehr- und Handbuch behandelt sowohl die elementaren Konzepte als auch die fortgeschrittenen und zukunftsweisenden linearen und nichtlinearen FE-Methoden in Statik, Dynamik, Festkörper- und Fluidmechanik. Es wird sowohl der physikalische als auch der mathematische Hintergrund der Prozeduren ausführlich und verständlich beschrieben.
Technology/Engineering/Mechanical is helping you progress from conception to optimizing engineering platforms in virtually any Now in its Fourth version, Professor Singiresu Rao's acclaimed textual content Engineering Optimization allows readers to fast grasp and practice all of the vital optimization equipment in use at the present time throughout a huge variety of industries.
Nachdem im Jahre 1967 der gemeinsam mit o. Mahrenholtz verfaßte 1. Band einer "Plastomechanik der Umformung metallischer Werkstoffe" erschienen conflict, führte der berufliche Werdegang beide Autoren an verschiedene Orte. Ich selbst zog im Anschluß an meine hannoversche Tätigkeit von Braunschweig über Karlsruhe nach München um.
The original homes of rubber make it perfect to be used in a large choice of engineering purposes resembling tyres, engine mounts, surprise absorbers, versatile joints and seals. constructing diversified elastomeric components for numerous buildings comprises numerical simulations in their functionality, that are in line with trustworthy constitutive types of the fabric being simulated.
- Standard Handbook of Machine Design, 3rd Edition
- A Course in Robust Control Theory: A Convex Approach (Texts in Applied Mathematics)
- Rotationskolben ― Verbrennungsmotoren (German Edition)
- Numerische Stromungsberechnung
- Rules of Thumb for Mechanical Engineers, Edition: 2 Sub
- Lösungen zur Aufgabensammlung Technische Mechanik: Abgestimmt auf die 20. Auflage der Aufgabensammlung (German Edition)
Extra resources for Centrifugal Pumps: Design and Application, Second Edition
Figure 3-17. Predicting efficiency on both sides of BER 43 44 Centrifugal Pumps: Design and Application » To predict efficiency on both sides of BEP, use Figure 3-17. • When designing a new pump, always have a performance curve and general sectional drawing. • Keep neat and accurate design records. « Try to use a symmetrical impeller to avoid excessive axial thrust. • Consider mechanical requirements applicable to the new design. ) Volute throat area5 (sq. 321 Q/Ae Ae Impeller eye area at blade entry sq in.
2. Minimum diameter of the model impeller should be 12 in. 3. Model speed should be such that the specific speed remains the same as that of the prototype. 4. For meaningful evaluation prototype pump and model pump must be geometrically similar and flow through both kinematically similar. 5. Suction requirements of model and prototype should give the same value of sigma (see Chapter 9). An example of model selection is described in detail in the Hydraulic Institutes Standards, 14th Edition. Specific Speed and Modeling Laws 21 Factoring Law In addition to the affinity law and model law, there are some other principles of similarity that are very useful to the pump designer.
E. to the square of the linear dimensions. As a corollary, the linear dimensions of similar pumps working against the same head will change in direct proportion to the ratio of the square root of their capacities, and the RPM in inverse proportion to the same ratio, This permits selection of a model pump for testing as an alternative to building a full-size prototype. 26, depending on relative surface roughness. Other considerations in the selection of a model are: 1. Head of the model pump is normally the same as the prototype head.