By Judy Dodds
This ebook provides in a transparent visible means the biology fabric wanted for the technology and extra technology GCSE, and for the separate Biology GCSE. It additionally serves as an introductory consultant for AS Biology. it truly is illustrated all through with pictures and movement charts, with questions about each subject, web study actions and a word list of phrases to remember.
Read Online or Download Biology at a Glance, Third Edition PDF
Best botany books
Even supposing public curiosity in wetlands has grown significantly lately, the linked problems with laws and environmental coverage are frequently harassed through the necessity to safely outline a wetland sector. a lot of the trouble comes from an lack of ability to spot wetland indicator species and to figure out even if a given region encompasses a major percentage of such vegetation.
The chapters compiled during this special assortment define a couple of equipment used to check plant mitochondria this day, ranging from the isolation of mitochondria to targeted analyses of RNA, protein and enzymatic actions. on condition that the facility to discover mitochondria’s particular gains is underpinned by way of present technique, this booklet explores the topic from morphology to special molecular mechanisms.
Plant Breeding studies offers cutting-edge reports on plant genetics and the breeding of every kind of plants by means of either conventional skill and molecular tools. the various plants largely grown this present day stem from a truly slim genetic base; figuring out and conserving crop genetic assets is key to the safety of meals structures around the globe.
- Vegetation der Erde: Grundlagen, Ökologie, Verbreitung (German Edition)
- Uses and Abuses of Plant-Derived Smoke: Its Ethnobotany as Hallucinogen, Perfume, Incense, and Medicine
- Variable Plants and Herbivores in Natural and Managed Systems
- Fragrance Technologies and Applications, 0th Edition
- Seeds of Amazonian Plants (Princeton Field Guides)
- Venomous Animals and their Venoms: Venomous Vertebrates (Volume 2)
Extra info for Biology at a Glance, Third Edition
What do mice eat? 3. What eats winter moths? 4. Which is a predator? How do you know? 5. Name two primary consumers. 6. Name two secondary consumers. 46 Owl Shrews 7. How many tertiary consumers are shown in this web? 8. Describe the possible effects on the food web if the voles died. 9. Which animal is found at two feeding levels? 10. Write out the longest food chain present in this web. WOODLAND HABITAT An oak wood supports a varied community. g. oak, beech. Maximum light for leaves to photosynthesise at top of canopy, Herbivores eat the leaves and seeds.
7. 48 How much oxygen is in water compared to the air? Explain the distribution of plants. What three factors decrease as you go deeper in the water? Explain why mosquito larvae have an air tube. Where are stomata usually found in aquatic plants? How does this compare with land plants? How does haemoglobin help the bloodworm? How do reeds get oxygen to their roots which are under water? ANIMAL ADAPTATIONS 1. g. polar bear, reindeer, wolves, Arctic fox, brown bears. * Large size There are many celts making heat in respiration; these replace heat lost though the skin.
Explain why mosquito larvae have an air tube. Where are stomata usually found in aquatic plants? How does this compare with land plants? How does haemoglobin help the bloodworm? How do reeds get oxygen to their roots which are under water? ANIMAL ADAPTATIONS 1. g. polar bear, reindeer, wolves, Arctic fox, brown bears. * Large size There are many celts making heat in respiration; these replace heat lost though the skin. The adaptations of animals and plants determine their distribution and abundance.